MEET THE WINNERS !! @ LW INSTAGRAM
REGULATIONS FOR OPEN CALL LISBON WEEK RESIDENCIES (EN)
Lisbon Week, in partnership with Prata Riverside Village - our main partner, launches a call for artists for four residencies, lasting one month each, in Marvila, Lisbon, under the theme of “work and labour”.
LISBONWEEK RESIDENCIES are aimed at art students, emerging artists and young artists who aspire to develop activity in any area of artistic expression. It takes the form of a residency grant, as part of the 7th edition of Lisbonweek, which takes place between the 1st and the 31st of May 2022. The winning artists of the residency will benefit from curatorial assistance starting in April 2021, and presenting the resulting artistic project from the 2022 edition of Lisbon Week.
Artist Fee: €400.00 (+ VAT) Production: €500.00 (VAT included). The Artist Fee requires a receipt from the artists and the Production Fee will be managed by Lisbon Week. This value includes all costs inherent to the production and presentation of the project. The winners are free to invest their own funds or those from other sources in the production of the project.
3. PLACE OF RESIDENCE AND PRESENTATION
The artists’ place of work during the one-month residency will be Hazan Studios…..
The place for the presentation of the artistic result of the residency will be defined between the artist and the Lisbon Week organization.
Applications are accepted for:
- Artist over 18 years of age, of any nationality;
- All areas of artistic expression.
5. APPLICATION DOSSIER
The LisbonWeek Residence Open Call only accepts applications in digital format, which must include an Application Dossier and Other Optional Attachments (see point 5.1.). All application files must be sent as attachments and in a single email with the subject “Application Open Call Residence LW / Name” to email@example.com
For application purposes:
- Elements or information sent in the body of the email will not be considered
- Applications or elements of the application sent by Wetransfer, Drive, Zip or any other file sharing system will not be accepted.
5.1. MANDATORY ELEMENTS OF THE APPLICATION
a) Application Dossier – File in PDF format, with a maximum of 10 pages. A4 and 15MB. Candidates are free to organize their Application Dossier and include other content they deem relevant, as long as they include the following mandatory elements:
Framework – Text with a maximum of 2000 characters with spaces. Brief description of the reasons that lead to applying for the Lisbon Week residency, and the reasons why participation in Lisbon Week is important for your research/artistic journey.
b) Portfolio Selection of works/projects already developed in the formats of text, image or active links in PDF for platforms that allow online viewing, such as the website, Youtube, Vimeo and others.
c) Identification of the candidate - Name - Biography - up to 750 characters with spaces, in Portuguese or English; - Address, telephone number and email address;
- OPTIONAL: website or page on social networks (eg Facebook or Instagram);
- OPTIONAL: images and synopses of works already developed. b) Other Attachments – Optional Submission, stand-alone files with a maximum of 5MB each Two (2) images of previous works or projects, with the respective captions and credits.
The Artist Selection Jury will be made up of the following elements:
- Xana Nunes, Lisboneeek director
- Filipa Oliveira, curator
- Brooke Waterhouse, co-founder NAU!
- Georges Zorgbibe, colecionador
The Jury's decisions are not subject to any appeal.
7. REQUESTS FOR CLARIFICATION
Requests for clarification must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 23th. Requests for clarification sent after this deadline will not be considered.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
REQUESTS FOR CLARIFICATIONS